The Heart of your Business
Resilience is the ability to recover and return to an original or improved state after being disturbed or changed. In business we see resilience as an essential tool for managing to maintain and grow your enterprise through the good times and the tough.
We see you, the entrepreneur, as the central player in your business and acknowledge that you need to work to your strengths and manage your weaknesses to help build a thriving business.
With a focus on you and your personal assets as an entrepreneur, this course addresses the core motivations that sit at the heart of your business. We will work through a series of practical and strategic tools to help you identify and articulate your vision for success, culminating in a one page personal professional plan.
Build your Resilience is a planning journey. For Edgeware, ‘plan’ is a verb, not a noun. Planning is an active state of mind that we bring to every decision we make in our business. It’s not something we do only once, to produce a fat document that gathers dust in a filing cabinet. It’s something we constantly revisit, adjust, tweak and experiment with.
The structure and logic of the Build your Resilience process goes like this:
In this module you’ll discover the key concepts we are working with in this course.
1. Why – your drive to be in business and the fire that will keep you going through the inevitable challenges.
2. The concepts of resilience and self-efficacy as two vital tools for longevity and prosperity in business.
3. A solution-based approach to solving challenges and fulfilling your entrepreneurial vision.
In this module you will explore your NOW by completing an audit of your personal business assets beyond just facts, figures and stock. Through a variety of activities you will identify:
1. The tools and skills you have developed through your personal and professional journey to date.
2. The network and connections you have within your social and professional circles.
3. Your personal assets as an entrepreneur.
In this module we’ll explore where you envisage your enterprise to be headed in the future. We’ll approach this from two viewpoints:
1. The possible roads you could travel in your professional journey.
2. Developing your vision for success by identify the key goals you hope to achieve in the next five years.
In this module you’ll create a comprehensive list of strategies that help build your resilience and create your One Page Personal/Professional Plan. We’ll cover:
1. Recognising how you’re going in your professional life by engaging in reflective practice.
2. What to do when the going gets tough.
In this module you’ll review the course and bring it all together in a One Page Personal/Professional Plan.
never give up
on what you really want to do.
the person with big dreams
is more powerful than one with all the facts